Check back for next school year's upcoming events!
- Participate in a trail clean-up in a local town this fall;
- Invite professionals as guest speakers to our university to discuss topics such as careers in air quality, professional development, what to expect post-graduation, and help building resumes;
- Attend any available local/regional/sectional meetings;
- Utilize AWMA contacts to organize field visits to see air pollution control equipment;
- Visit local schools during National Engineers Week in the spring to help students with science projects and positively influence their perspective on engineering;
- Attend the AWMA-ACE;
- Look into scholarship opportunities for student members.
New officers for the 2017-2018 school year were elected.
President: Kelly Egan
Vice President: Purvit Patel
Secretary: Rachel Hodgins
Treasurer: Mitchell Steiner
Volunteering: IEEE Engineering Olympics
Members volunteered at the The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers student chapter's annual "Engineering Olympics" which brings teams of high school students to compete for a chance to win a scholarship. This competition focuses of tasks related to electrical, mechanical, and environmental engineering.
Volunteering: SWE Amazing Race
Members volunteered at the Society of Women Engineers student chapter's annual "Amazing Race". This event brings local high school girls to the university to complete a number of STEM-related and team-building tasks.
A&WMA Wilkes Lab Day
Wilkes student members went to Wyoming Seminary Lower School to help students grades 2-8 with science experiments related to their course work and spread the word about environmental engineering.
Wilkes student members joined with members of the Wilkes University club "Students for Environmental Sustainability" to complete a trail clean-up located at the Sugarnotch Earth Conservancy.
New officers for the 2016-2017 school year were elected.
President: Patricia Thomas
Vice President: Kelly Egan
Secretary: Purvit Patel
Treasurer: Ryan Rompolski
Wilkes Club Day
A&WMA hosted a table at Wilkes Club Day to attract new student members.