A few of the events that we have planned/hope to plan include:
- Participate in a trail clean-up in a local town this fall;
- Invite professionals as guest speakers to our university to discuss topics such as careers in air quality, professional development, what to expect post-graduation, and help building resumes;
- Attend any available local/regional/sectional meetings;
- Utilize AWMA contacts to organize field visits to see air pollution control equipment;
- Visit local schools during National Engineers Week in the spring to help students with science projects and positively influence their perspective on engineering;
- Attend the AWMA-ACE in Pittsburgh in June of 2017;
- Look into scholarship opportunities for student members that will be returning in Fall 2017.